11.05.2012

Attitude of Gratitude: Day 3 & 4

Oops! Totally missed a day! We had a fairly busy weekend (read: I got out of the house more than once!) so blogging wasn't on the list of important things to do. It happens. =)


Day 3

I'm thankful for baby carriers!! Babywearing is totally awesome and allows me to hang out with my baby girl and have both my hands!

Babywearing + Shopping = Awesomesauce

And of course, it's a nice way to keep her calm while I'm shopping or doing things around the house. Sometimes you just have to hold your baby. 

Day 4

I'm thankful that God uses all kinds of different things to speak to me. As you know, I've been having a difficult time with family stuff lately. I'm reading a book called Unglued that takes handling difficult relationships to a whole new - godly- level. I found the book because I was reading another one this author wrote, Made to Crave. To me, it's just funny (not in a funny ha-ha way) how all of these things came together. I'm doing a Bible study to help me overcome overeating, my MIL gave me the Made to Crave book last Christmas, I'm doing a different Bible study just to keep me "in touch," I found the Unglued book which totally, completely speaks to my family situation and is washing truth all over my heart, and THEN in Sunday school this morning we studied the same passage that God has been showing me over and over and over again for the past week or so. I think there's something He wants me to really understand here, and I love it. 

I'll admit that I've skipped a few days of Bible study this week (bad Sarah), but I still feel like I'm in touch and hearing from God by reading Unglued. It's really helping me to understand how I need to act/respond and deal with my emotions. 

Anyway, like I said...I'm thankful that God is speaking to me and teaching me. So, SO much better than the alternative!

What are you thankful for today? 

Are you doing "30 Days of Thanksgiving"?

1 comment: