11.15.2012

Attitude of Gratitude: Day 14

So...obviously I've missed a few days. There was that whole 4 day weekend thing we haven't gotten in a while and I spent most of it hanging out with my hubby and doing lazy things. Ok, I didn't do much of anything. I barely even cooked. Sue me. ;-)


I thought about going back and doing all the days I missed, but... Quite frankly, I don't have the energy for it. I know, I know. It doesn't take all that much energy to come up with some things I'm thankful for. Except...it kinda does. Not because I don't have a lot to be thankful for, but because I have so many things to be thankful for! 

Also....I'm exhausted. Teething was in full-force today. I had a whiny, crying, sweet baby girl who was in pain and I could do nothing for her. I even plopped her in the stroller and speed-walked to the shopette to get meds to help her. (Didn't help my energy level.) And then I proceeded to do things around the house. By the time Joe got home, I was wiped. Anyway. All this to say that I'm too tired to do much of anything. 

But today? Today I'm thankful for my "mom friends." Some of these are friends I've already listed - the bestie, to be specific - and others are friends close by who can sympathize. Because on hard days like today, sometimes you just need someone to listen and say, "Yep. I've been there. It's tough, but it's a phase and those don't last too long. Both of you will get through this."

So here's to my mom friends - both real life and online! Thanks for lending an ear....or eye....when the occasion calls for it.

What are you most thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment