11.30.2012

8. Whole. Months

Can you believe it's been that long since my little bean was born? I certainly can't!!!


Oh, my sweet Little Bean... How big you're getting! Sitting up on your own, trying to crawl, pulling up on the sides of the rocking chair, rolling all over the place, jumping in your exersaucer and jumper... I just can't believe it! You're saying "dada", "mama", "na na na", and a few other sounds too. You say "dada" the most often and sometimes it sounds like "daddy!" It melts your daddy's heart, too. :) You only say "mama" when you're upset, and you just started that within the last two weeks! I almost cried the first time. What can I say? You've been saying "dada" for so long it seemed as if you didn't want to say "mama!" Most of the time, you're a smiling, giggling, sweet girl and we love you to pieces!! We love you even when you're cranky, of course, but a happy girl is so much more fun to play with! :) Watching you grow and change is fun, but a bit bittersweet. Sometimes I miss the cuddly little baby you once were! You're too busy for too many cuddles these days. That's ok, though. You give pretty good kisses when you feel like it, and I love them! Just do me a favor? Stop growing so quickly, okay?! Slow down, relax, and take it easy. No rush on that growing up stuff. ;-)

She found the sticker!!

Ah, even though my baby is getting bigger, she's still living up to her nickname. We took her in for a checkup 3 weeks ago and she weighs a whopping 12 pounds, 6 ounces. I really just have to laugh. She's completely healthy, but so tiny! She's 26.5 inches long, so she's not exactly tiny that way! She eats well enough...but she's just a bean! :)

Such a happy girl. :)

She's officially in size 3 diapers now! Woo! {I think...} And she's still mostly in 3 month clothes. I honestly don't know how this is happening... They are pretty snug. I think I might be stretching them at this point. But all the 3-6 month onesies she has just seem to swallow her! Ah, they just don't make clothes for skinny babies... As is evidenced by her 3 month pants that are more like capris than pants and 6 month pants that are the correct length, but fall right off her toosh! One day, baby girl, you'll have clothes that fit properly. Well...maybe.

I know  you can't tell, but she's screaming here.
It's the peaches. They make her crazy!

Sleep? Well, that's pretty fantastic. Sleeping through the night is nothing these days. Bedtime is 7:30 and she gets up around 7/7:30. Easy peasy! Daytime sleep has been a little tricky lately, with her waking up at the 1.5 hr mark some days. But I'm thinking she's getting ready to drop nap #3, which is why her other naps are being messed up. I'm just not ready to drop that last one! I know it'll be nice once we're done with it, but it makes me nervous! LOL

This is her excited face. I love it!

Eating is also going pretty well! She only nurses 4 times a day now, and sometimes she even refuses one or two of those. No idea what's going on with that... Possibly reflux, possibly a phase. Who knows? I'm trying to power through, but it's tough! When she does nurse, though, she's a rockstar. A very wiggly rockstar. =P Outside of breastfeeding, the little miss loves solid food!! Well, okay, pureed food. Peaches are pretty much her favorite thing ever, and they make her crazy! They must have more sugar than some other fruits, because nothing else so far does this!

Ah, so pretty.

She's trying so hard to crawl... She gets up on all fours, rocks and then falls back to her tummy. She does this more in her crib than anywhere else. I'm guessing she feels safer in there? Who knows. She's still loving the exersaucer and her jumper. Her new favorite toy is a little teether that one of her friends gave her. They had a play date and she hardly let the thing go! His mommy was nice enough to say she could keep it. :) She loves watching Jasper. When I need to calm her down, all I have to do is call for him to come near us and she completely calms down. It's crazy! But totally helpful. Who knew he'd come in handy for that?! Haha!

It's so crazy to me that she's been here 8 months. I can't believe it's been that long. Although, sometimes it feels like she's been here forever. And I guess that's probably a good thing. :)

Happy 8 months, baby girl. Mommy and Daddy love you sooooo very much! 


6 comments:

  1. 8 months!! This is when Penny really took off. Started crawling, which led to walking, of course. Penny only says Mama when she's upset too haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it...time goes WAY too fast with these precious babies! She is so beautiful, and seems so happy. Love seeing all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so adorable! Love that pink and green dress. And it cracks me up how tiny she is. Lol. She certainly looks like one happy baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so stinkin' cute! I love and adore her smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so cute! Such a sweet smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her big smiles! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete