11.17.2012

Attitude of Gratitude: Day 15 & 16

Oops. Missed a day again. I was doing so well, too! Oh well... Here goes! :)


Day 15

I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to breastfeed my little lovey, as I sometimes call her. :) I know I've done a gazillion posts about breastfeeding and how much I love it, but it's the truth. I'm thankful that I'm able to do it. I'm thankful that God made my body to do this amazing thing! Growing her in my belly was amazing too, but the fact that I can continue to provide nourishment is...well, awesome. I love the bond, the sweet snuggles, the gummy smiles, the giggles, and the opportunity to just relax when it's nursing time. Ah, this makes me wanna snuggle her right now even though she's sound asleep in her crib!!!

Day 16

I'm thankful for the wisdom in/of BabyWise. I know, I know. It's another thing I've gushed about a lot here. But, really.... It's awesome. Case in point:

At 4:45am on Friday, the smoke detector just outside Charlotte's bedroom started chirping. Not just once or twice, either. Oh, no. It was once every 5-10 seconds. Chirp.....chirp.....chirp.....chirp. At first I hoped it would stop. Not much logic enters my mind at that hour...obviously. Joe was about to get up anyway, so I went ahead and woke him. He got out of bed and tried to make it stop. Then it beeped really loudly. That permeating, high-pitched beep only smoke detectors make. My mommy brain kicked in and I was terrified Charlotte was going to wake up freaking out over the loud noises. Joe finally dismantles the thing and I go back to bed while he's getting ready for the day. 

5:00am. I hear some rustling around over the monitor. Once again I'm terrified she wants to be awake. {Again with the lack of logic that early in the morning...} I heard a little bit of chatter, but she never made a huge fuss. Why? Because we do BabyWise. :) She has learned that it's ok for her to be in her bed without us there. She has learned that she needs to stay in bed until we come to get her, especially in the morning. {Now obviously if she's getting upset, I do go rescue her. Otherwise, she stays put.} She wasn't always this way. It took time to teach her that it's ok for her to hang out in bed until Mommy or Daddy comes in.

And after the short 5am chatter....she slept until almost 8am. Almost. *Insert choir of angels here, please.* There are many other reasons I'm thankful for BabyWise, but today? It's because she didn't freak out when something woke her and she went back to sleep for 3 hours, allowing Mommy to get some extra rest. 

BabyWise, people. Read it. Learn it. Love it. 

{Or not. But you're missing out!}

What are you thankful for today?

P.S. Totally didn't mean for this to be a completely baby-centered post! I guess that's what happens when you're a mom. :)

1 comment: