11.18.2011

It's A...

Baby!!! ;-) Just kidding! {Well, it is actually a baby, but I'm talking gender here.}

Today was a big day! I woke up right before Joe at about 0500 and had a very hard time going back to sleep. My mind kept wandering! Plus, I'd had a dream about the ultrasound and it's result...that didn't really help things. =P My appointment wasn't until 1100, so even though I got more sleep, I still had time to kill! It was brutal.

I don't think I've been more anxious about anything in a long time!!! I suppose maybe I was anxious the day we found out I was pregnant, but I didn't have an appointment time to worry about. Anyways, I thought it'd be like a normal appointment minus chatting with the doctor, so when we got there I tried to calm down so my blood pressure wouldn't be so high. Well, they didn't check it. =P All that for nothing!! They just called me back and walked me to the ultrasound room. =)

Y'all, I can hardly even begin to describe what happened when Joe and I saw our baby on that monitor. It was absolutely amazing. We saw feet...


...which look like tiny versions of my own feet. =) We saw arms and legs, and the cutest little face:


Thankfully, our tech was very nice and told us the gender very early on in the appointment. I took a poll here on the blog and a poll of sorts on FB and Twitter. This of you who voted here thought Baby was a:


Boy. =) Most of my FB friends thought Baby was a girl. And I think it was kind of tied in Twitterland. So, what is the real answer? Well, our Baby is a.......

GIRL!!!!!

Our sweet baby is a little girl!!! And her name is Charlotte Ann. =)

 She even waved to us once or twice:

Look at those long little fingers! Again, me. 

Hands by her face. She was so done with the photo shoot by this point. =)

I have to admit that I cried a little bit. I just couldn't help it! Whether it was the hormones or it just kind of sunk in that we're having a baby, I'm not really sure. It was definitely a moment that I'll never forget and I'm incredibly thankful that Joe was able to be there with me. Even though it got a little uncomfortable for me {having someone press down on your uterus with baby inside while you have a full bladder is not what I'd call fun}, it was worth every single minute. Learning that our baby is a girl was great, but knowing that she's absolutely perfect and healthy was even better. =) 

Seeing Joe's face was also pretty great. He loved looking at our daughter wiggling around in my belly. She kicked a few times where I could feel it, and he just thought that was the best thing ever. Of course, I thought it was neat to be able to see her kick instead of just feel it, but I'm glad he got to experience something other than my symptoms for once. 

After the tech checked every nook and cranny of her heart and the rest of her body, we took our baby's first pictures and headed to lunch. {Praise the Lord!} After our delicious lunch at Subway, we grabbed a few things for little miss Charlotte at the PX. We ended up buying her 7 outfits... Spoiled much!?

I love these sweet little outfits!!

Do I have to tell you why we bought these?
I think Daddy's heart melted a bit when he saw this one. ;-)

This is one I made for her with my Silhouette a while back. =)


Joe ended up having to do CQ tonight, but even that can't put a damper on this day. We are over the moon excited that we're having a little girl. Now we just have to get through the next 20.5 weeks and we get to meet her!!


18 comments:

  1. Congratulations! :) That photo of her waving is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Just wait till you see your husband hold his little girl for the first time! Best.feeling.in.the.world!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! :)

    Love the name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! Congratulations! Those are some of the clearest ultrasound pictures I've seen, and she looks SO adorable! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!!! Girls are so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! And I love love love her name, Charlotte is my Grandmothers name and a good possibility for any future children in my household! :) Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Girls are so much fun (no bias here as I have 2 of my own lol)! I always love seeing baby for the first time on the ultrasound, and ever in awe at how hubby and I created that. We're currently pregnant with #3 and I'm anxiously awaiting the 2nd trimester :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay again! We went out and bought outfits right away once we found out, as a sort of celebration. And I loved seeing Brandon's face during the ultrasound. He's always so smiley when he hears the heartbeat and the ultrasound was extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!! Girls are such a blast!!! she'll be your best friend! Have a blast shopping for her its so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gah!!! So exciting! I hope she's a redhead!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well crap I was wrong.. Oh well what counts is she is very healthy.. Congrats on the little girl.. She will def melt him heart:)

    Now time to shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I JUST returned to blogging after a few months.. and waht a surprise!! CONGRATULATIONS!! So excited to read about your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't even remembered what I voted.. but I am so excited for you either way!

    And I love that name. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So exciting!! I love her name-- it's beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome to team pink!! I guessed a girl and was right!! Now if only I could get the guessing for me have been right, lol:) I was CONVINCED it was a boy but so happy, like you, just to know baby girl was happy and healthy! I think I'm 5 weeks ahead of you so we're going to deliver close together!! Congrats on the baby girl!!! Charlotte Ann is a perfect name:)

    ReplyDelete