11.04.2011

Best Cookies Ever

I have a special treat for you today! And you can thank yesterday's craving {brought on by a Facebook post of Chantal's} for this. =)

Anyway, I've had bad luck with chocolate chip cookies...and other cookies lately so I was reluctant to try it. But the craving was there and I had everything I needed so I started searching online for a good recipe, with good reviews. After a few minutes of searching, I found a good recipe from my allrecipes.com app. So I've decided to share with you the recipe for the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made. You can thank me later. ;-)


Ingredients:

3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup butter
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Stir with fork so all ingredients are mixed together. [Set aside.]
3. In large bowl, combine sugars and butter. Mix until smooth. [Mine was still a little clumpy because of the brown sugar, but just make sure it's mixed well.] Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth and fluffy.
4. Add 1 cup of dry ingredients at a time to [wet] mixture until all is incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. [I cooked mine for about 11 minutes because my oven tends to run a little hot.]

I didn't take pictures of the process because, honestly, I wasn't sure how they'd turn out. Oh, and I used 1 cup of semisweet chips and 1 cup of white chocolate chips because I didn't have enough semisweet. It was definitely a win. This is how they turned out:

Last batch baking in the oven. Looking good!

Mmm-mmmm good!!

I've never been so happy after baking cookies in my life! I'm a little proud that I didn't have another epic fail on my hands, but I mostly attribute that to the recipe. =) Go bake some now! You know you want to!

Happy Weekend!


P.S. If you have fall photos, feel free to send them anytime!! And for those of you who've wondered where to send them {and don't have your reply-to email set, shame, shame}, my email address is on the left side of the page under my photo.

4 comments:

  1. Yummy. I'm about to go eat some of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to try these! Not to be all high and mighty or anything, but I am usually able to cook just about anything and bake just about any cake or goodie I want, but for some strange reason, chocolate chip cookies never turn out right for me. It's so weird. The dough gets all runny or something. If you say these are good, then I need to try them! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exactly what I need! I can cook, but I always mess up cookies an brownies. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete