11.14.2013

Thankful Thursday


One thing I really like about November/Thanksgiving is that it gives you a good reason to take a look around you and be thankful for all your blessings - big and small. So that's the reason I'm doing these posts this month. 

Here's what I'm thankful for this week:

My in-laws. Example #1? A text from my FIL yesterday:


I could go on and on, but I'm so thankful that I have a good relationship with them. And I'm really looking forward to my MIL staying with us for a while after Millie is born. AND I'm looking forward to having them 3-4 hours away next year instead of 12-13!!! 

Babysitter possibilities. A couple from our small group have 2 girls (a teenager and a "tween") who could quite possibly become regular babysitters for us. Our small group meets at church on Sunday nights (mainly because it's a marriage group and we need childcare) and all our kids were in a room together playing last week. When I mentioned babysitting, both of them basically said "sign me up." LOL. Not that we can afford it all the time, but I'd like for Charlotte to have a regular babysitter. And I also think it's good for teenagers to babysit - gives them an idea of what parenthood is like. ;-)

Friends who bail me out! This week Amanda is watching Charlotte for me while I go off to my OB's office again. Next week, a friend from our small group is watching her for another appointment. Since I have to do NSTs now, it's really best if I have someone watch her at home. Unless Joe were able to go, too. Then it might be okay. But he's in class this week and next. Thanks, Army.

My babies. I suppose this one is a bit of a given, but it's still true. Charlotte is growing so fast, it seems. I mean, really. I don't know where my baby went. For the most part, I'm loving this stage/age she's in. She's hilarious, smart, chatty, and OMG so sweet. The unsolicited hugs are my favorite part. This growing thing is definitely bittersweet for me. 

At least she still looks like a baby when she sleeps. Right? :)

Even though I haven't met Millie yet, I'm thankful for her - for the opportunity to grow her, and feel her move inside me...even though those movements are really starting to hurt! I admit to complaining a bit more than when I was pregnant with Charlotte, but truth be told, this pregnancy has been harder on me. More than anything, I'm looking forward to meeting her and getting to know her. And I can't wait to see how Charlotte is with her!

So smushed in my belly, but SO sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment