11.22.2013

34 Weeks...Say What?!



How far along? 34 weeks! And holy moly, look at that bump! {Now that I'm almost 35 weeks, it seemed like a good time to do a post. Haha!}

Size of baby: Well, I haven't looked it up, but at the last ultrasound, little missy was estimated to be about 5 lbs. And the rest of her was right on target for her gestational age. Wahoo!

Maternity clothes? Oooooh, yes.

Best moment this week: Finding out she was back in her head-down position! At my appointment last week, she was breech which totally freaked me out. I am totally on board with delivering a breech baby, but most hospitals and doctors are not. Anyway, I'm just glad she turned back around. That I can handle. :)

Miss anything? Yes and no. I miss being able to turn over in bed, get out of bed easily, not having heartburn or back pain....but that's just all part of it.

Movement: This girl is crazy active. Not all day, but she moves a ton. Of course, now that she's bigger I feel every little movement, so there's that too.

Food cravings: All the sweet things!! Doubly frustrating thanks to GD. *sigh*

Food aversions: None, really. Other than the usual list of things I don't eat. ;-)

Gender: It's a GIRL!

Labor signs: Yep, had some of those this past weekend! Sunday I had contractions for an hour. About 30 minutes in, I started to freak out (because OMG it's too early for that!) and decided I should drink some water and lay down for a bit. That did the trick, though not immediately, and they slowed down right at the hour mark and then just went away! It was so crazy because I never had anything like that happen when I was pregnant with Charlotte. I had the normal, run-of-the-mill Braxton Hicks, but nothing like this! Even better - when I mentioned it to my doctor, she was totally happy about it. LOL! She is with me on not inducing this time (at least not before my due date), and she said this is a good indication I won't need to be induced. Hooray!

Sleep: Getting worse. :( I wake up all the time, either because I'm uncomfortable, need to use the bathroom, or I wake up sweating. Ugh. A few nights ago, I didn't get to sleep until 1am because miss Millie was having a dance party. *sigh*

Symptoms: Everything. Well, except nausea. 

Belly button in or out? Almost out! Depending on her position, sometimes it is out. 

Looking forward to: Finishing her quilt, starting her bumpers, and going to NC for Thanksgiving next week! It'll be our first Thanksgiving with family in 4 years, and the first time in 3 years that I won't be cooking or hosting. Slightly weird, but also great! 

What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year? Hosting? Visiting family?

No comments:

Post a Comment