10.14.2010

Randomness

First, let me remind you to submit your Fall Fotos to me tomorrow! I'll accept them until 12:00 a.m. EST. Don't know what I'm talking about? Click this super cute button [made by my good friend Miranda!] to find out more. =)


Fall Foto Contest


I don't really have much to talk about. So, I'm just gonna show you a little bit of what I've been up to lately. =) {read: a whole lot of pictures}

This past weekend (Thurs. - Sat.) I attended a conference at my church.

It was amazing. It was life-altering. It was the best $75 I ever spent.
I took a whole lot of notes, laughed, cried, learned, and worshipped my heavenly Father. Yeah, He's my Father. And I think that rocks!

Also on Saturday, I volunteered at Living History Day at the museum. 
{You know, the museum I'm always talking about.}
It was pretty cool. I was in charge of JROTC kids who were doing kids' stuff:
Face Painting
Coloring
Faux Vietnam Tunnel

I let the museum intern paint my face. =)

It was her last day. I humored her. =)

I got a lil somethin' in the mail... 

Set #2 of our dishes! =D
Set #1 came from Linens N Things, which went out of business like a minute after we got married. Only Macy's carries them now, and only online. I have a sneaking suspicion they won't be around much longer. So I ordered them.

I was worried when the box looked like this.

And this. But... I was surprised to find...

They were absolutely fine!

In fact, they look better than the ones we bought in the store over 2 years ago! Now my cabinet is nice and happy. =)
And I can serve 8 people easily. 
Woohoo!

***

I also realized last night that I really want to get a pair of TOMS. Specifically these:



Or maybe these:


Which ones do you think I should get? 
Or should I get both?! *gasp*

***

Hope y'all had a good Hump Day! =D

Don't forget to email me your fall fotos along with a link to your blog!


9 comments:

  1. I think I just fell in love with those metallic-y shoes!! Happy Humpday to you to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my spirit could use a really good church conference. It's been a long time since I've been to one.

    Looks like you've been busy lately! And I love those dishes! Our's are kind of plain. But they are Corelle so they'll last forever! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dishes! I think I have seen those at Macys. Are they the ones that come in like 15 colors? My husband had a whole set of white dishes from before we got married so we didn't register for any everyday dishes...but yours make me want to spice up our cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dishes, we need new ones too.....still using the ones that we got real cheap (but haven't cracked/chipped or broke yet) but I hated them when we bought them.

    2nd pair of shoes I like better.

    CBG
    canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love love love TOMS! everyone in my town wears them..id go with the greyish silver ones cause they are rock star shoes!
    I would have been worried to if i saw my package turn up like that, but thank goodness they turned out fine, i think they are a beauitful color by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your red dishes! Hubs had a red set of dishes before we were together and we still have them... but they are shaped weird and hard to stack so I got some new ones at my bridal shower... I bought a second set when we got to our first duty station because I think everyone needs a set of eight! :) I am glad you had so much fun at your church confrence!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dishes! I need a new set so badly!

    Fellow hawaii milblogger here, happy to have found you! Following & grabbed your button for my blogroll!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah my week has been crazy so no pic for me this week. I am so bummed. But then, it's not really fall here anyway. :p

    ReplyDelete