7.18.2010

Flashback!

And this is a serious flashback. Before we get started, I need to give you a little back story on the how and why I got these pictures.

Several months ago, my father (read: biological father...he and my mom divorced when I was like a year old) sent my mother an email basically saying how he regretted things he'd done in the past. Mainly, his lack of contact with me. Before my mom even received this email, I'd been thinking of writing him. So, when Mom called me and read the email to me I just knew it was time. She reluctantly gave me his email address (the reason for this is a really long story that probably shouldn't be shared with the world), and I sent him an email. We've been writing back and forth ever since. Before this, I hadn't talked to him since I was...17 or 18. So, it's been a good 6-7 years.

When Papa was put in the hospital, I told him in an email asking him to pray. On my birthday - the day of Papa's surgery - he emailed me two pictures of me and Papa when I was an itty bitty baby. I seriously almost cried. I told him how much I enjoyed the pictures and he's been scanning them for me and uploading them. So, I thought I'd do a little flashback for y'all. I mean, who wouldn't want to see a cute red-headed kid? ;-)

Me & Papa taking a nap. =)

Me & Nana

I think I have Papa to blame for me liking people to play with my hair. =)

Papa used to push me around in this thing all the time! I so remember this. =) And, I'm pretty sure he still has the same wheel barrel. 

Mom is on the left, then Papa, and of course that's me in the pool.

Nana and I liked to have tea parties in "my" bedroom. And I blame both my grandparents for getting me addicted to Dr. Pepper. ;-)

That's not an ornery grin at all, is it?! Hehehehe

Can you tell I'm the first grandchild?
Papa is the best storyteller ever!

Doesn't look like either of us was too thrilled about this picture. =)

I'm definitely going to get a new picture of us the next time I go home. I realized that I just really don't take enough pictures of my side of the family. Mainly because they're not as picture-friendly as Joe's side. Thanks to my FIL for making sure that they are well-adjusted to picture snapping!! ;-)

Hope you enjoyed this sentimental flashback. =)

Don't forget to enter the giveaway! Tomorrow is your last chance!!! It closes at 2400 EST, and I'll [hopefully] announce the winner on Monday!
ImageHost.org

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful memories you have to share! I don't have near enough pictures of my grandfathers!
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous pictures!! I'm so glad you have them now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww how cute are you!! I love the red hair!! You and your papa are too cute together! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete