7.26.2010

Feeling the Randomness of it All

Where to begin? How about with my bloggie meet up with the lovely Miranda? =)

We met up yesterday at Starbucks for a caffeine fix. I hadn't had Starbucks in a while, so it was wonderful! Not to mention the good conversation and company of a very cute little boy. According to Miranda, he has a crush. ;-) He kept jabbering away to me while I was getting in my car. Such a cutie! Anyway. We had coffee and then ran over to Godiva for some chocolate. Mmmmm. So good. Then, we did some window shopping. And I did some shopping with few windows involved. Haha! =) Actually, all I bought was a pair of running shoes. I'm hoping that since they're cute I'll want to wear them, and because they're running shoes maybe it will help me get my butt back to the gym. Joe doesn't see my logic in this train of thought, but I think it sounds very logical. ;-)

Speaking of Joe... Hi, sweetheart! =)

He emailed me today to let me know that he'd been reading my blog...all day. I'd hoped that he'd read it while he was gone, but I knew he hadn't yet. I'm happy he's reading it. Even though we do email a lot. =) My poor hubby is getting a cavity filled - probably as I'm typing this. Apparently, it's been bothering him for a few days. I'm not happy that I can't 'baby' him afterward. Is it totally weird that I like doing that? Hmmm...

How would y'all feel about a guest post done by Joe? The idea came to me when he emailed me and told me he was reading my blog. He's agreed to do it, but is this something that y'all would be interested in reading? I'm considering asking him to do it on a monthly/bi-monthly basis, but I'm not sure yet. I guess we'll see. =)

As I've been catching up on my blog reading today, I ran across a post by Alia at Yellow Ribbon Diary that ruffled my feathers a bit. The short version of her post is that she went to a store and asked if they had a military discount. The cashier she asked was nothing short of rude and disrespectful. A Soldier friend of hers later wrote a letter on her behalf since she was too polite not to say anything at the time. Go here to read the rest of the story. I guarantee you it will ruffle your feathers as well. I'm calling for a boycott of the store. They shouldn't be allowed to treat our nation's service members and family members in this manner.

I received an award from a lovely reader a few days ago that I very seriously need to post. Is it just me, or is it really hard to choose who to give an award to?! =/ Geesh.

Now, I need to approach the Q&A session issue. I now have 4 questions. Come on, I know y'all have more questions than that! So, I'm giving you 2 days to post your questions! On Wednesday, I will post the Q&A's no matter how few of them there are. =P I would really like it if there were an abundance of questions, though. My inbox is getting quite lonely. ;-)

Well, I'm off to watch another episode or two of Bones. =) Hope ya'll had a good weekend!


{Hope your cavity-filling goes well and gets to feeling better quickly, hubby! Love you!}

ImageHost.org

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had fun with us the other day! :-)

    I LOVE the idea of Joe doing a guest blog! Great thinking! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd totally be down for a man-post!

    Isn't it awesome when blog friends become real life friends?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my that is awful! People like that have no idea and shame on them for not apologizing to her! But on a good note..lol yes I think he should do a post on here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to get C to write a guest post. I've been telling him that all the cool husbands are doing it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap, that is pitiful! What jerks! SoldierMan has written letters before (on other issues) and you only occasionally get a response. So that doesn't mean no one read it. But yeah, we've only used Big Lots once. Won't be going back there.

    I think it would be great for Joe to do posts! I would love to hear his impressions from over there.

    Okay, okay, questions :p

    1. What is on your deployment to-do-list (do you have one?) and what have you crossed off?

    2. If you could go to any concert/sporting event/show/other live event tomorrow (regardless of what time of year it is) what would it be?

    3. Is there any movie coming out this year that you are excited about?

    4. What's your favorite dinnertime meal?

    There you go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?

    What is your favorite movie?

    What is your favorite beauty product?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had fun! Oh wow that is sad about the store discount. We have a local restaurant here that all the military wives here are boycotting because the owner was very rude and would not give discounts to the wives even though her sign says outside that they give 15% military discounts to families. It's ridiculous how people treat the military sometimes..

    You should have your husband do a post! I was thinking the same thing a few months back but never got around to asking him about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for Joe to blog!! Glad you and Miranda had fun!

    ReplyDelete