6.17.2010

Moving In...Again!

Today has been a very long day and I am soooo tired!

I got up at 7 this morning which isn't exactly early, but it isn't late either! The ACS furniture people came at 8:10 to pick up their oh-so crappy furniture. Never in my life have I been happier to see furniture walk out the door. =) Then, I proceeded to sit on my toosh on the air mattress, watch tv, and Skype with my bestie while I waited for the movers to show. I felt like booty this morning too. I think my allergies are acting up because - for the first time since we've been here - they mowed our grass yesterday. Shouldn't this be a bi-monthly sorta thing? Anyway.

The movers showed up just after 11. I was pretty shocked too. The time frame they gave me was 11-1, so I figured they'd be here noon-ish. I'm not complaining, but I was shocked. It took them 2 loads to get all of our stuff here. Not exactly sure how that happened, but whatev. The first go-'round, they brought 2 of our 5 crates. After they unloaded those [onto my driveway], the driver went back to pick up the other three boxes. It took them no time to unload the first 2 crates. Actually, I felt like it didn't take them long to unload anything. Probably because one of our Hawaiian fellows was a hoss. I was pretty impressed because I've seen a lot of, er, large men around here but I never really expected them to be that strong. =) Lol! He had some serious personality too. I suppose, though, if you don't have fun doing your job it could make your day long and tiring. He was nice. It took them a total of 3.5 hours to unload everything, including the time they waited for Mr. Driver to get back with our last 3 crates. Again, I was pretty impressed.

You wouldn't think that watching 3 guys unload your stuff would be tiring, but I'm seriously wiped out! We did manage to unpack the kitchen and set up our TV and entertainment center, so I suppose that's something. =) Oh, and I cooked dinner. It wasn't much, but hey, it was dinner. And my hubby never has a problem eating pizza for, well, any meal.

As proof of my tiredness, I leave you with these awesome mini-conversations Joe and I had tonight. =)

Me: What time is it? {Trying to set the time on our microwave}
Joe: Looks at his watch. It's 1915
Me: Trying to decode military time in my head. Ok, so it's 1715.
Joe: Laughing hysterically
Me: What?
Joe: Military time doesn't translate into military time. Still laughing.
Me:What did I say?
Joe: You said 1715.
Me: Now laughing at myself because I'm so tired Oh! Well, I'm tired! Crap! What time is it?! ... Oh, 7:15, that's what I meant!
Joe: continues to laugh at me...

Then...

Me: Ugh, where should we put these knifes?! Nothing looks right over here.
Joe: laughing at me again
Me: doesn't understand why he's laughing...
Joe: It's knives not knifes.
Me: I know...
Joe: That's not what you said.
Me: Well what did I say?
Joe: laughing You said knifes.
Me: Oh. I'm tired! Leave me alone! =P

Yup. Moving is so much fun.
 
I'll try to take pictures of the house [even though it's a mess] tomorrow so you can see what it looks like with our furniture instead of the 70s Hawaiian furniture. =)

ImageHost.org

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you finally got your stuff! I'm feeling you on feeling like poop, at first I thought it was allergies messing me up but somehow I just acquired a cold in 100 degree heat... Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving is so fun? I detect a bit of sarcasm there. When we move I get my Queen chair set up - let me describe for you. A lawn chair in the driveway, a bottle of fruity wine, and a good book. The day only improves with that combo; it doesn't matter how many boxes they drop or what they break. You should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! That's hilarious. :) We don't use "army time" at home...I'm not so good at the math. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm a new follower! I laughed when I read this post! I love when you said 1715. That is totally something I would say after a long day! My hubby is always laughing at me when I say things wrong! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm glad that you guys finally got your stuff all moved in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha! So funny! I'm so glad you have your stuff!!

    ReplyDelete