6.19.2010

Makin' Progress

Is it just me or does moving into a new place take forever?! It seems like the boxes - no matter how many I open and unpack - are multiplying! Not to mention, when you actually unpack a box - or two or three or four - it looks like the room exploded. Even then, you're left with the packing materials and cardboard boxes. *sigh* We opened 5 or 6 boxes in the bedroom today and oh. my. word. You would have thought that the boxes just exploded in the room! It took me forever to clean the mess up and I still don't have places to put everything that came out of those boxes. Will someone please tell me how this happened?

After I got most of the mess cleaned up, I finally feel like we have a nice room. Sure, we had decent furniture before but it was mainly functional and not so pretty. I totally love our new look. Today, we went out and bought a new comforter. I'd had a different one in mind when we took the trip to good 'ole Target (pronounced tar-jay in my mind... ;-)), but we ended up with this one and I think it looks pretty good.

Before:


After:

 


Much better, right? Well, except for the dresser in the corner with the TV on it. I haven't decided what to do about that yet. It looks sort of out of place and I can't quite figure out what it needs. Any ideas?

The rest of the house is coming together... The living room is basically done, except for pictures that need to be hung. The dining area - which is sort of in the living room - is not so good looking. I've got stuff piled on the table, pictures resting on one of the chairs, a box on the floor and pictures on the bar along with papers and junk that needs to be put away. *sigh* The kitchen looks like it was hit by a tornado. And let's not even talk about the spare bedroom right now. It looked manageable before we put the [now] extra bed in there.

So, we're making progress...but it's really slow. Which sucks because we're in the single digit countdown. =( I really wanted to have this place spic-and-span before he leaves, but at the point I'm not sure if that's going to happen. I'll take some pictures of the place and post them later so you can really see what I'm talking about.  I took some a couple days ago, but we've moved furniture since then.

I'll leave you with this picture for today. We were sitting on the couch and I saw this when I looked out the window and just had to step onto the patio and take a picture of it. =)


Rainbows are so clear here! I've never seen them so bright before moving here. Probably because it mists while the sun is shining. I totally understand why they put rainbows on their tags and license plates now. =)

Happy Saturday!
 ImageHost.org

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the tacky furniture is gone, your furniture looks awesome. I like that black comforter with the circles on it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, unpacking certainly DOES take forever! And it looks like the paper in the boxes exploded/threw up all over the place!

    LOVE the comforter! -- though I think your old one is super cute too! And you should paint the dresser black or stain it really dark to match your other furniture. Or paint it and put it in another part of the house? Yeah I'm full of random useless ideas, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the new look! I want white bedding so badly but it's just not smart with a new baby...oh well. One day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looooove the *new* bedroom!!! Where did y'all get your bed frame? I really like that too ;-). Maybe you could stain that dresser darker to match the other furniture??

    So happy (and a little envious) for your stuff arriving and getting to decorate your place!! Hope you have a super weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh! I am moving all by myself next week and I am already dreading the boxes and packaging paper. Nice job on the new bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new comforter! I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new comforter too. I love to decorate, I love moving to a new house in general.


    Musings Of An Army Wife

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great, I'm a fan of black and red, so I'll take your old set :P
    Rainbow is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks fabulous so far. I'd say unpack when he's gone. Don't let him out of your sight until then! Beautiful rainbow :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new furniture and I like the old comforter as well. I really want a super plush down comforter inside a nice white duvet, but right now with the 3yr. old and 15 mon. old twins that idea is on hold. :)

    ReplyDelete