3.28.2010

Yikes

Since I'm sitting here waiting for a round of storms to start, this title seemed appropriate. You'd think that since I grew up in freakin' tornado alley, I'd be used to these sorts of things. Thunderstorms? No biggie. I'll sit on the porch with a glass of tea and watch it, thank you very much. Thunderstorms capable of producing tornadoes? I'll go hide under a rock, or in a hole...please!

I think growing up in tornado alley just made my fear of tornadoes worse. Ever since I was about 8, I have recurring nightmares about tornadoes. Seriously. When I was a kid, I'd dream that my brother and I were playing in the yard and a tornado would touch down across the street. When I started driving, the dream changed to me being in a car trying to drive very quick-like to get away from it. To top all that off, the night of my junior prom we hid in the bathrooms while tornado sirens were blaring. After they stopped [and it was still storming out] I drove like a bat out of hell trying to get home. That doesn't make those dreams go away. Oh, no. It makes them worse. *sigh*

So now, here I sit in my living room alone with the dog freaking out at the tiniest spark of lightning or clap of thunder. Why? Because a tornado warning was issued for my county. =( I'm tracking the storm online, thanks to one of the local station's websites and it's still about 10 miles away. I think. I haven't lived here long enough to really know. I probably shouldn't be freaking out, but I am. Most likely because my husband is in the barracks and I'm here alone.

Other than tonight, the weekend has been fairly good. I felt like crap yesterday. My throat was sore and I was just extremely tired. I didn't put any make up on yesterday, and didn't even attempt to cook for my hubby until this evening. He was sweet and put up with my clingy, whiny self. =) I'm probably an annoying sick person. I like to be taken care of when I'm sick. So, I may complain a bit more than is actually necessary. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this! God bless my hubby for putting up with me. =) I probably got spoiled by all those years of having my mom take care of me. I've been sick pretty much since the day I was born, so my mom [as I'm sure most moms are] has always been very...concerned about my health. So yeah. Me = spoiled. It's ok though. What's strange is that my throat was sore again this morning when I woke up - no surprise there - but feels almost normal now. I don't get it. Maybe it was just allergies? Who knows. I'm definitely going to be gargling warm saltwater just to make sure, though.

Here's hoping that things get straightened out with Joe's orders and I can travel with him to Hawaii! That will make this next week so much better! Hope y'all have a great week!

ImageHost.org

6 comments:

  1. I've woken up with a sore throat every morning for over 2 weeks now and about 30 minutes to an hour after I get out of bed, I feel fine...until I wake up the next day! It's so annoying! And I'm a total whiner when I'm sick too, you're not alone =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so get a good book and a flash light and sit in the closet for a while (or bathtub... you know whatever is in the center of the house :) ) ... it could make you feel better and you could have a little adventure :) hehe... i wish we were having storms in arkansas... i love them too!!

    xoxo,
    christen

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny, growing up around tornadoes makes me a strange combination of anxious and apathetic when stormy weather hits. I like watching the weather (let's be honest, it's like watching sports here) but I also have to be aware of where the storm is or else I get anxious. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, I left you a surprise on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you were safely away from anything, and tell the dog it's suppose to protect you not freak you out more lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate tornadoes! I am scared of them too. I have never seen one, or lived in a place that had them until now... I think you said you lived in GA, we do too, I saw all the warnings but we didn't have one issued for us, I think we were on the outskirts of it.

    ReplyDelete