3.22.2010

Moovin' Monday: Random Edition

** 1 more post left until the Q&A session for post #100! Please email me your questions asap!**


I know, I know. Random is what you've come to expect around here. =) As long as you're ok with that and keep reading, so am I!


 It's here again!

1. Say NO to fast food.
2. Exercise at least 3 times a week.
3. Join up!

Well, I had an epic FAIL with no fast food this week. I made it until Thursday, though. My SIL and I came back to my place Thursday and resorted to fast food. I didn't even think twice about it! FAIL! Then once I realized what I'd done...it didn't get much better over the weekend. When family is in town, we have a tendency to eat out instead of cooking big meals for everyone. So, we ate out: pizza, P.F. Chang's, Chili's, Chick Fil A. *sigh* Not to mention I only exercised once last week. I suppose that's what happens when you're on a mini-vacay.

I'm going to work much harder this week! I've done Pilates for the day already. I tried out a new video that I think I might be in love with. At the very least, it adds some variety to the few videos I've done already. It's called Pick Your Level Pilates and it's done by Ellen Barret. I've done several of her videos and I really like them. I know she's not a master Pilates instructor, but I like her. =)

***
Another very hot topic: the new healthcare  bill. *groan* Seriously? I can't believe the darn thing passed! Here's a novel idea: give everyone healthcare, hire people to investigate businesses and people to ensure that they have the "correct" plan (as deemed so by our lovely government), fine businesses and people who aren't on the right plan, and kill jobs in the medical and technology fields. Oh but wait, jobs in the IRS are going to be created so that they can investigate us all. Sounds great, doesn't it?! *insert sarcasm here* Not to mention that the rest of us are going to be taxed for it. Sounds like Big Brother is finally knocking at our doors. Nice work, George Orwell, just 30 years ahead of yourself.

I love that this bill is creating so much controversy. I posted something about it on my facebook page, and oh my word! I seem to have become a very popular person today! This bill is NOT the fix to our healthcare issues. It might be a step in the right direction...maybe. But why not create something like Medicaid for the middle classes who can't afford insurance? Or why not reform Medicaid to take in those that are above the so-called poverty level to include people who have lost their jobs and insurance along with it? Creating a bill to give everyone healthcare is not the fix. And it is most certainly not freedom. We longer have the freedom to choose our insurance. The government is choosing it for us. 

I know that it completely sucks to be without health insurance. Been there and done that. But, I still came up with the money to go to the doctor when I needed to. I paid $160 for the inhaler I needed. Yes, it hurt my checkbook. Yes, insurance would have been amazing. I don't want to be paying for insurance for all the lazy people out there who won't get up and get a job. I'm already paying for all the people who live off of welfare because they don't want to work. I've seen it, people. I'm not just stereotyping. I've literally seen women with 6 kids, no daddy involved, stay her butt at home while the kids were in school drawing a paycheck. Is that fair? Should I provide her insurance? I don't think so. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now. =)
***
Well, I have other things to say that are family related but I think I'll shy away from that today. I will, however, tell you about my weekend and Joe's Induction Ceremony. =)

The ceremony was interesting. We {meaning me, my SIL, MIL, FIL and niece} arrived 30 minutes early at the request of my hubby. Civilian count at this point: 4. *sigh* So, we sat in the sun for about 20 minutes while his class was practicing parade rest and all kinds of junk for the ceremony. Which was interesting for everyone else but me. I've seen this a million times. =) Then, about 5 minutes before the ceremony I started to feel bad for all the other Soldiers. My hubby was the only one with family there. The whole time we were waiting, I was complaining about having been so early and why was no one else there...you know how it is. It wasn't til then that I realized no one else was coming. Poor guys. And gals. So, one of the sergeants moved us all under the tent. Thank the Lord! I was so getting fried in the sunlight! We ended up sitting between about 10 Colonels and Lt. Colonels. Um, can you say intimidating? I know I shouldn't be, but still. I am new at this, after all. 

The ceremony was pretty short: benediction, national anthem, army song, presentation of the colors, speech by some Captain, everyone got pinned, awards were handed out,  and invocation. I met both of the Colonels and one or two of the Lt. Colonels. My hubby also got an award!!! =D I was so proud of him. He got it for doing some heroic thing during a simulation. The short story is, while on their mission the platoon SGT [who was actually a private pretending to be a SGT] hesitated and my hubby [a squad leader] took over, "saving" the lives of 4 soldiers and several civilians. =) Go, hubby!

I took my in-laws to the PX and Commissary after the ceremony while we waited for Joe to turn in his weapon and get set free. I think they enjoyed it, but I was the one who seriously needed groceries. Well, I hope they got a kick out of it. We did a lot of hanging out with the family, which was nice. I know Joe was glad to see his parents, sister and niece. I did a lot of playing with the baby. =) Everyone left on Saturday, and I think all of us ended up in tears. His parents live in AR, near mine...so we won't get to see them again before we move to Hawaii. My SIL was the one who made me cry, though. Telling me she was going to miss me and loved me...and she started crying. I'm usually ok until either Joe cries or another female cries. Then, it's over with. I'm just glad we got a little bit of time together before the move. We're hoping to go back to NC and see everyone there too. Ok, I'm certain that this post is entirely too long now, but I must leave you with some pictures from the weekend!
Hubby just got the Signal Corps pin! Woop woop!
Just given the award by a Colonel, shaking hands with the CSM.
=D Doesn't he look handsome?!
Such a sweetie pea holding her lambie. 
Jasper kept licking her and staring at her...like he was saying "what is this thing and why won't it hush?!" Lol!
Uncle Joe, Auntie Sarah and Eden. =)
Anna {SIL} and I, finally! A picture of both of us!
I so love Eden's face in this one! =D
Since you already know everyone else, the guy on the far right is my FIL. =)
Cutest. Baby. Ever.
Just sayin'.


Happy [Moovin'] Monday! Hope y'all have a great week!
ImageHost.org

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on induction. :) I can't remember, when do you guys leave again?

    I've gone without insurance, too. Been denied for it. All that. Does it stink? Well, it's not so bad. You can still buy all the Dayquil and Tylenol you want. It just meant that, if I got really sick, we had to take it out of savings and then replenish it - like we would any unforeseen expense. Just called livin' last I checked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, if I had all those yummy food options I would eat them too!

    Love the bonus pics too! Babies are so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. our dream duty station would be hawaii or Alaska. Neat blog, I like your blog header

    ReplyDelete