9.17.2009

So, What Now?

Alright, here's my dilemma: what the heck am I going to do with the rest of my life?!

1 year ago, I graduated from UAFS with a Bachelor's Degree in History with Teacher Licensure, fully confident that I would be a teacher within the next few months. I got married and moved to North Carolina, where I was certain things were going to turn out just peachy for me. I was working at Chili's and desperately seeking a teaching position. After 2 months, my husband got a job working with computers. I, however, stayed at Chili's and applied to be a substitute teacher in the area. In the next two months, I received two calls to sub which would not replace my income at Chili's.

In February, my husband lost his job. I kept my job at Chili's so we would have an income. He went to a job fair, and a month later was enlisted in the Army. Between the time that he enlisted and left for Basic, he found a part time job. Needless to say, I stayed at Chili's.

Now, we have a steady income. I don't have to worry about where the money is going to come from, because I'm fairly certain that the Army doesn't fire anyone. =) So, I have options now! And there is my problem! For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to teach. I still do, but I just don't know if it's what God really wants for me. You know? Besides that, I really hate getting up at 6 a.m. =) That becomes a problem in teaching... So, if that option is out, then what? I could apply at a pharmacy to be a pharmacy tech. again, but who is hiring right now? No one. Or I could kick it up a notch with Mary Kay. I just don't think that not working is something I'm interested in. With Mary Kay, I'd be home 24/7. I'm not sure I can handle that. Because, once the house is clean, what else is there for me to do? I don't have any kids to take care of. Then there's the writing thing. It's something I've been thinking of lately. Several people have mentioned to me that I have a gift for writing. Yes, I like to write, but a gift? I'm not sure. It would be nice to write again; I wrote a lot in college, and I liked it. I've always liked writing essays; writing for a living might be nice.

So obviously, you can see my dilemma. Ideas? Suggestions? I need some help!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Jennifer. I found your blog off of dar's and I just thought I'd say hello. I would say go for it. If you want another income and something that won't take up too much time you could always go with MK or even Avon. Everyone loves looking and shopping. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, and thanks! I can't believe it took me so long to read your comment!! Haha!!

    ReplyDelete