9.25.2009

It's Coming to an End...

Joe's Basic Training, that is. =) I can hardly contain my excitement!!!! Only 5 days to go! And yet, it seems so surreal. I've spent these last 2 months by myself...missing him constantly. Now that the time is almost here, I just can't believe it. I'm also worried.

Last Saturday, I got a letter from Joe. That in itself was very strange; I usually get letters on Monday and/or Thursday thanks to snail mail. In the 3 page letter (also very strange, even for my husband), he told me about the troubles that were going on in his platoon. Apparently, 3 guys in his platoon decided that, since they were so close to finishin
g BCT, they could go to the PX and buy whatever they wanted. WRONG! They got caught by one of their DSs buying candy, cokes, and XXX magazines...big no-no during BCT. So, what do you think happens in an Army of One? all of them get punished. Awesome. They got all of their privileges taken away, and were threatened with not being able to leave the base on Family Day. That just happens to be the day I've longed for since Day 1. =/ Ugh. What's a girl to do? So, needless to say, I haven't had a phone call since then. Nor have I gotten any letters. Which is weird, because I always get letters!! Where are my letters?! I love love love getting letters! Where are they? Ugh. I think that worries me more than not getting any phone calls. I just hate not knowing what's going on. I mean, I know he's ok, but...I suppose not knowing what to expect is more scary.

I do know that he's probably going to the PX again soon, which is good. How do I know, you ask? Well, my lovely husband withdrew $100 from my account today. Grrrrrrr. I'm sure he needs it, but seriously?! A girl can't get a warning phone call? I kinda need to know when my hubby takes out that kind of money! No, it's not a big deal, but
what if I needed that for a bill? Then, we'd be in some trouble. I suppose it's a good thing I didn't really need it.

So, I realized today that on Tuesday, I'll be driving through 2 states that I've never been to before. Interesting! That is definitely going to be an adventure! I'm sort of sad that I won't get to stop anywhere along the way. Oh well. It's not like I want to stop by myself. Awkward! I also want to get there as quickly as possible! Although, I won't be able to see him until Wednesday. Even then, there's the whole ceremony in the morning and then I'll be able to spend time with him. I feel bad for him...only his parents and I will be going to his graduation. =( It's a big deal and I know he wants his whole family there. I know he'll be happy to see me and his parents, but I know part of him will be missing everyone else. One of h
is sisters can't travel because she's pregnant and is having trouble with her back, so sitting in a car for 7 hours isn't exactly going to be good for her. Not to mention she doesn't have any vacation time, nor does her husband. His other sister can't get off work, and our nephew has school. Then, his brother can't get off work - low man on the totem pole and everything. His grandparents were planning on going, but now his grandma has pneumonia. =( Poor hubby.

The more I think that I'm going to see him in a little less than 5 days, the more I miss him! Is that strange? I just can't wait to see his face, his pretty blue eyes...to hold him. =) *sigh* I even miss hearing his voice. Of course, a quick call to my voicemail can fix that, but it's not quite the same. I miss my best friend. And, in just a few days, I'll be seeing him again. What a gift that will be. =) I can't wait! ** I really love this picture. =) this will be Joe and I in a few days! **

No comments:

Post a Comment