5.06.2014

Life's a Mess

Life with two little ones can be pretty challenging - fun, but challenging more often than not. Like pretty much everyone else on social media, I post pictures on IG and FB that make our life look great. Maybe even perfect. But really, it's hectic and messy. My living and dining areas are usually a giant mess. The tables are catch-alls for mail, crayons, toys, snacks and sippy cups. 

See? Overtaken by toys.

I spend the better part of the day nursing Millie and parenting Charlotte from our perch on the couch. Which inevitably means lots of TV watching. She will run around and play, too, but yeah. The TV is on. Sometimes I feel bad about it, but I really don't know how else to do it! 

I took this in February, but this still happens allllll the time.

Fortunately, Millie has started napping better, which means Charlotte and I are able to have some good one-on-one time. I usually try to do some sort of activity with her, whether it's an indoor tea party or playing outside. We've also been working on letter recognition lately, and she's getting pretty good!


I just love this one. =)

My cool girl.

Between meals, loads of laundry, dance parties, nursing sessions, cleaning, diaper changes, and everything else, I think this sums up most of my days with the kiddos:


Holding Millie while helping Charlotte climb up on the couch to sit next to me. Because nobody is happy unless they're close to Mommy! And everyone is still in PJs. =P But that's life!

So the next time you see a picture-perfect post of mine (or anyone else's, for that matter) on IG or FB, remember this: 

My house is messy, my floors need sweeping and mopping, there are dirty dishes in the sink, and toys everywhere. But everyone is clean, fed, and happy. One day my house will be spotless, but until then...I'm going to try and enjoy the mess that is life with littles.

No comments:

Post a Comment