5.31.2010

Memorial Day

It has a totally different meaning for me now. I once viewed it as a 3 or 4 day weekend, and had a good time with family. Now, I'm thanking God that my husband is here, praying for his safety when he goes "over there," and thanking God for all those who went before him.



 WW2

 Korean War (insert thanks to my Papa for his service there here)







How will you honor our fallen hereos?

*Disclaimer: I'm not implying that you should not have a good time with your families on this holiday weekend. I'm asking that you take a few minutes out of your grilling, beer drinking, lake-going, movie-watching, partying weekend and remember the men and women who died for you to be able to do those things so freely. I, for one, am thankful for those who died for my freedoms. I'm thankful for the service of my sweet Papa, my amazing husband and my [biological] father. They are my heroes.
ImageHost.org

5 comments: