11.15.2009

Randomness...Beware!

So, I'm getting really tired tonight, but I still feel the need to write. Be prepared for very random thoughts/topics. =)

People keep telling me how strong I have been to go through all the stuff I've been through in the last 3 months. When I think about it, I really haven't been that strong. It's just that people don't get to see me when I have my psycho crazy breakdowns at home. Because, let's face it, who really has an emotional meltdown in public or around other people? When I'm with people, the loneliness isn't bad. In fact, sometimes I completely forget that I have to go home to an empty house (excluding my dear puppy, of course). Hone
stly though, I'm not as strong as I may seem.

The first few weeks he was gone to BCT, I could barely get myself out of bed in the morning. I had to be around people, or I'd be in meltdown mode in about 6 seconds. I cried every.single.morning. On the way to the gym: I wish he was here. On the way home from the gym: Why isn't he here? Home from work: I miss getting a hug when I come home. Going to bed: I hate sleeping alone. The only way I got through it was because of God. He gave me the strength to get up in the morning and go and do the things that needed to be done. I cried and prayed to Him about a thousand times a day. He encouraged me through His Word. My small group encouraged me constantly. My church is amazing. It seemed like those first few weeks, every sermon was just for me. I kept working with in the childr
en's ministry, and have had so much fun doing it! So, you see, it wasn't me at all. It was all God, and I won't take any credit for getting through all this stuff. Like my pastor said this morning, "every crisis is an opportunity for God to work in our lives". That's what this has been for me. I've grown so much closer to Him, which is exactly what He wants. So, it all works out. =) Though I love the people who tell me I'm strong, just realize it isn't me.

So, I'm probably going to be moving in a week. I have done absolutely nothing to prepare for this. I need to clean out desks, the fridge, and get rid of all the junk that I don't use on a daily basis. Have I started this yet? Nope! I just don't feel like messing with it all!! Anyone want to help?! Please?!

I was folding laundry just a little while ago and realized how much I love warm towels - straight out of the dryer!! One of my favorite things in the world! Just thought I'd share that little lovely tidbit with you!

I have come to love eating pizza with the fam here in NC on Sunday nights. Pretty sure that's a tradition we'll have to continue even if we can't be with family. =)

I love to bake! Cakes, cookies, cupcakes, cheesecake...you name it! I don't do it very often now that Joe isn't here. Which may be the reason I've lost weight....hmmmm....no baked goods = no extra lbs on the belly and hips. There could be a connection here!

I'm totally in love with having an iPhone. I'm sorry to all those who want one and can't afford it. My hubby spoils me. And I'm totally ok with that. I love all the apps and cool gadgets I can get - for FREE! =D You know, I'm pretty much in love with everything that Apple makes. =) iPod, iPhone, Macbooks...iMac...I desperately want the 21in iMac. It's a beautiful thing. Seriously, I don't know why people even look at PCs. Macs are way better, easier to use, and harder to get viruses on!

Grey's Anatomy is my all-time favorite TV show. My world stops on Thursday at 9p.m. Please don't call/text me during Grey's, unless you are watching it too. Then, commercials only! LOL! I'm also beginning to get addicted to Private Practice - the spin-off of Grey's. Now that Addison has been 86'ed from Grey's and Derek, I totally love her. =) Hehehe.

I am passionate about football. LOVE it. I yell at the TV, refs, players who make retarded moves, and coaches. Yup. Nothing irritates me more tha
n commentators who are biased. The OU Sooners are my college boys, and the Colts are my NFL boys. =)

I'm addicted to scrapbooking. Thanks to Melissa for getting me hooked! <3 you! Pretty sure I'm on my way to being addicted to blogging. I've been addicted to Facebook for far too long...more so now that I'm "single". It's pretty sad. Last, and certainly not least, I'm totally in love with my sweet, silly, wonderful husband. =D We are best friends. It's totally awesome. I'm looking forward to being crazy with him for forever.

This was taken while we were dating...but really, we still do this crazy stuff. Love it! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment