11.02.2009

Moving, moving, moving!! ❒

I'm completely obsessed with it right now! All I can think about is apartment shopping!

I'm going to move to GA soon - in case any of you didn't know - so, I'm going to see the hubby this weekend and we're going to look at some apartments. And I'm really excited! Probably too excited for my own good! *sigh* I don't know why I'm so excited. I really don't like to move...ok, let me rephrase. I really don't like packing and unpacking. Really. It sucks. I hate to have a house full of boxes...staring at me. With all my crap - and I have tons - sitting around me, in boxes, waiting for me to open them and distribute it.

When you really think about it, we have way more stuff than we really need. I think most of it is because both of us seem to be pack rats. This is not good. I think I may be just a tad bit worse, but still. You should have seen that U-Haul packed full of our stuff when we moved in. Long story short, Joe's parents moved us to NC as a wedding gift, and his sister too. So, her stuff and our stuff was in there together. I daresay that 80% of that thing was full of our stuff. Sad, isn't it? Well, at least I won't be carrying any of the boxes this time!!!! =D Thank goodness the Army takes care of that! Although, I will be pretty much on my own for the unpacking part. Not looking forward to that.

What I am looking forward to is decorating a new place!!!!! =D I think I take after my Nana....I really like to rearrange things every once in a while. It's nice to have a new look. So, this is going to be a new look! I've decided I want to redecorate our bathroom...and make it a little less kid friendly. Right now, we have rubber ducky decor. I know, I know. No comments, please! I already feel like a big dork admitting that. But, before we got married, I really wanted to do a bathroom in duckies! So, I did. And now...I'm thinking we need something a little more...normal! Hahaha! I also want to get a pretty comforter for our bed. Something not so blah.

I really need to get rid of some furniture too. We have another bed that we don't use...except to pile junk on. =D Not to mention the fact that it's pretty much falling apart and no one would want to sleep on it anyway. Then, we have 2 desks. Who really needs 2 desks, anyway? Especially when we're going to be moving...a lot, and to tiny apartments. So, no more 2 desks. I want to get rid of the bigger one, since the drawers really irritate me and the other desk matches the bedroom furniture. Strange, I know, but it does. Not that it's actually in the bedroom though. Ok, I'm starting to ramble! I've also got this vanity thing that I've had since I was like 16...and I'm obviously not going to use it anymore since I have my own darn bathroom that I can hog because it's my house! =P And I'm pretty sure I need to get rid of the beside table that I consistently pile all my junk in/on. I really need to learn how to control this pack rat thing at some point in my life. So, if anyone needs furniture, I'm your girl!

I really can't wait til I move closer to Joe!!!! I'm sooooooooo excited! I may not be able to see him every day, but just knowing that I can get to him in a few minutes if I need to will make me feel so much better! That, and we can spend our weekends like we used to instead of in hotels and finding things to do the rest of the day
because I had to check out at 11:00. Ok, sorry for all the rambling tonight. I don't know what my problem is!!

1 comment:

  1. Getting rid of stuff before the move ...welcome to the ARMY! You sound like a pro already...Hard to tell you are so new at it. See, You're going to fit right in!! ON the bright side, moving all the time.helps keep your home a little less cluttered. Who wants to move and unpack all that 'stuff' all the time! You'll decide what's worth keepin' and what isn't and learn to make do. Anyway, sounds like you are off to a good start! Wishin you the best with the move!

    ReplyDelete