9.11.2010

Uh...Woops!

September 5 went by without me even acknowledging it. It came, hung out for a while, and went home. I barely even noticed it. Sad. Why, you ask? Because on September 5, I celebrated this:



That's right folks, I've been a member of the milspouse blogging community for one. whole. year! =) 

When I started this blog, I started it as a way to get my thoughts and feelings out there. I didn't expect anyone [other than my bestie] to read it, let alone find it interesting. I never expected - but I hoped - to find such wonderful, thoughtful, caring friends as those I've found through this online community. I never dreamed that I'd "meet" people online who would become such close friends, as if we'd actually met in person and hung out. I started reading other milspouse blogs in hopes that I would really understand how this military life goes. 

One year ago, my husband was in BCT and I was having a hard time with it. I wondered if I could really do this thing - this military life. So, I sought out your blogs. =) I think one thing that I've really learned over the past year is that milspouses are some of the strongest ladies...ever. I've learned that it's ok to not be ok and to have those "moments". I've learned that you really can't count on the military to keep a promise, but you can always count on other milspouses to be there for you. 

So, thank you for blogging - for introducing me to this wonderful community. And even more thanks to my lovely readers!!

Love and hugs to all of you!!!

4 comments: