2.17.2010

Random Wednesday

First, I suppose I should get down to the business of the blog award I won yesterday. =) Thanks again to The Undomestic Army Wife!
 
The rules are:
1. Thank and link to the person that gave you the award.
2. Pass this award on to 15 bloggers you’ve recently discovered and whom you think are fantastic.
3. Contact said Blogs and let them know they've won
4. State 7 things about yourself

Ok, so the lucky bloggers are {in no particular order}:

Ok, so I tried to come up with 15, but I can't do it! 10 is close enough, right? =D

Now, for the 7 things about me. Uh...

1. After not working for 3 months now, I'm not sure I want to re-enter the work force. 
2. I love for things to be organized, but I hate to actually organize it myself. Unless it's the kitchen.
3. I loathe cleaning the shower. Give me a dirty toilet any day, but not the shower.
4. I'm beginning to make up for all the books I didn't get to read in college because I was too busy not reading required books...
5. Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever going to use that darn degree I worked my butt off for 4 years to get. I still *heart* history, I swear!
6. I spend entirely too much time on facebook.
7. I've learned that [since hubby went to basic and is now in AIT] I hate sleeping alone. *sigh*

Now, for some Words of Wisdom Wednesday. {I know I warned you that this was random!}

"It is no use to preach to [children] if you do not act decently yourself." 
-Theodore Roosevelt, in a Speech to Holy Name Society, Oyster Bay, August 16, 1903

You know I have a history degree, so it should be no surprise to you that I chose a TR quote. He's one of my favorite presidents. Going along with the randomness of this post, I'll share with you other favorite presidents! =) These are in no particular order either. FDR, Andrew Jackson (he was truly an interesting person), Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, Monroe, James Madison, Eishenhower...I suppose that does it. =)

I had planned to say more today, but I can't remember what it was! So, I hope you all have a good "hump day"!

5 comments:

  1. Gee thanks! I need to get on these awards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote! Actions always speak louder than words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the award! sorry it took forever, but in about ten minutes i'll have a post up with this :)

    ReplyDelete